Infection Prevention Coordinator- RN - Quality Management
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Infection Prevention Coordinator
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Continuing Education and PTO for Per Diems
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the Quality Management Director and advised by the Medical Director Infectious Disease and the Vice President Medical Affairs, as needed, the Infection Prevention Coordinator is responsible for the surveillance, prevention, and control activities necessary to prevent and control infection. The Infection Prevention Coordinator is responsible to develop and maintain an infection control program consistent with the requirements, recommendations or standards of the Joint Commission, California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This position includes policy and program development, standards interpretation and regulatory analysis, epidemiology and outbreak analysis. Leadership of and/or participation in work groups or committees as required for IP program success. Collaboration with Employee Health related to employee infections/immunizations/prophylaxis. Active participation in environmental inspections, continuing education and in-services. Collaborates and partners with other Quality Management department staff to facilitate and promote performance improvement in infection control. Play an active role during Joint Commission surveys and inspections by regulatory agencies.
· Previous experience in infection prevention and teaching adult learners preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and an ability to learn and independently manage specialized infection control software. An ability to work well with people in order to facilitate changes that prevent or control infection is required.
· Bachelor's degree in nursing or BSN in progress with ability to complete within one year of hire. Master's Degree in Science or Nursing preferred. Must be certified in infection prevention (CIC certification) by the Association of Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC).
· State of California RN license required.