Director, Diabetes Initiative - CHI Collaborative
Community Health Innovations
Full Time (Exempt)
Bachelor Degree Required
Director, Diabetes Initiative
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
· Team Oriented Culture
· Supported by Montage Health, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System and Community Leadership
· Opportunity to make a difference in the health of your community!
The Director Diabetes Initiative will report directly to the COO and will lead and manage an evidence-based comprehensive diabetes prevention and management program to lessen the personal, social and economic burden of the disease in Monterey County. This includes the implementation and operational responsibility of a five year strategic plan with multiple stakeholders. This work is funded by CHI's parent organizations, Montage Health (MH) and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System (SVMHS).
The Director also services as the Chair the Diabetes Executive Committee - a multi-disciplinary leadership group of physicians, nurses and executives from CHI, MH and SVMHS who oversee the strategic plan. With the guidance of the CHI VP/COO and the Diabetes Executive Committee, the Director will collaborate with CHI, MH and SVMHS staff, community partners, healthcare providers, and aligned program managers throughout the county.
· Convening stakeholders, program planning, initiative design, goal setting, and budgeting and philanthropic program development
· Facilitate the work of the Diabetes Executive Committee, developing effective community partnerships and supervising all activities associated with plan development and monitoring
· Ensures program staff and community partners have the necessary orientation, training and competencies to achieve plan objectives and educate the community and stakeholders about the diabetes prevention and management initiative
· Meeting performance metrics and goals, data capture and reporting, building strategic partnerships and recommending plan revisions as needed
· Heavy involvement with every aspect of the program including administrative tasks to executive decisions
· Minimum three years prior experience in supervisory or other responsible position within a healthcare setting required.
· Strong project management skills including experience managing projects independently and the ability to work in a team setting required.
· Ability to represent CHI in meetings or discussions with partners, physicians, community leaders, etc. required.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to include public speaking and writing skills required.
· Experience with Curriculum, course and/or program development required.
· Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
· Experience managing a diabetes or obesity program preferred.
· Philanthropy experience
· Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
· Registered Dietitian or CA Licensed Registered Nurse Preferred.
· Certified Diabetes Educator Preferred.
CHI is committed to deliver exceptional population health services to Monterey County. Our success Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health enterprise established to transform healthcare in Monterey County.
CHI is owned by two large healthcare systems -- Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System -- partnering to improve the health and well-being of our communities. This collaboration creates a unique opportunity to positively disrupt the traditional provision of medical care by focusing on wellness and empowering individuals to better manage their health.
We are passionate about improving healthcare value, unburdening clinicians, and inspiring individuals to live their best life.
If you want to make a difference, use your talent to help people live healthier, work with a fun and dynamic team, and change your life -- CHI might be the place.
Equal Opportunity Employer