Ultrasound Technologist - Ultrasound
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Continuing Education and PTO for Per Diems
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director the Ultrasound Technologist is a specialized medical professional that uses sound waves to image the human body. The Ultrasound Technologist must be able to perform their duties under potentially stressful situations, and care for all emergency patients, in-patients, and out-patients. Also assists in invasive ultrasound procedures.
Technologists primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Describe procedure and answer all patient questions prior to performing study, and obtain patient history.
- Provide images, data analysis, and patient information to the Radiologist for diagnostic interpretation
- Follow protocols and Radiologist instruction to create optimal study
- Monitor patients physical condition during course of exam
- Rotating shifts
- Rotate On-Call
· Acute care hospital ultrasound experience within the past three years is preferred.
· As necessary for required licensure.
· American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) is required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification is required.