Social Worker - TEMPORARY - Tran Care Mgmt CHOMP
Community Health Innovations
Tran Care Mgmt CHOMP
Varied 4/10 shift (includes evening hours and weekends)
Master Degree Required
Temporary Social Worker, Community Health Innovations
Location: CHOMP Emergency Department
Estimated Employment Dates: 10/29/2018 - 01/11/2019
Purpose of Position
The Social Worker serves as an integral member of an interdisciplinary care team providing professional social work to patients and families presenting difficult and complex medical, psychiatric and psycho-social problems. The Social Worker works collaboratively with providers, nurses, care team members, delegated partners and administrative staff located in the Emergency Department to enhance the delivery of patient care services along the continuum of care. The Social Worker ensures patients and families have the appropriate level of support for emotional and social problems impacting their health.
- Interviews and evaluates patients and family members to obtain psycho-social history to develop social/emotional assessments.
- Formulates diagnosis and treatment plans based on the evaluation of the patient's past, present and future medical, psychiatric and social-economic functioning.
- Provides supportive therapy interventions as indicated, determines patient/family needs and current social work practices.
- Promotes participatory environment with patient, engages for self-care and empowers patient to make changes to improve health.
- Provides consultation services to multidisciplinary team members by evaluating the psycho-social implications of the patient's illness when the team is assessing and planning provision of services.
- Manages caseload of patients referred from care team that necessitate social worker as primary lead
- Utilizes and keeps current of public resources and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of patients and families.
- Confers with representatives of other departments and private agencies to resolve psycho-social problems and to develop and maintain public understanding and sound working relationships.
- Identifies issues and educates staff related to patient's rights, age specific needs and culturally diverse populations.
- Supports hospital based programs designed to better support high utilizers of emergency services.
- Provides social work services to outpatient programs, as requested.
- Confers with ER Crisis Worker, Care Managers, Nursing staff, Physicians, Discharge Planners and other members of the care team as needed to resolve discharge barriers, develop and maintain common understanding of appropriate ER discharges and sound working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master degree in Social Work
- 1+ years experience in medical social work; graduate internship is considered experience
- Must be registered and/or licensed by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Behavioral Sciences Examiners as ASW and/or LCSW.
- Ability to effectively interact with patients and significant others during times of transition of care
- Positive communication and public relation skills
- Strong patient assessment and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Goal oriented and accountable.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex setting.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate performance agility in a continuously changing environment
- Ability to work in medical team-based environment
- Experience in the acute care hospital case management, discharge planning or outpatient behavioral health setting preferred
Community Health Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.