RN Educator - Behavioral Health Services
Work Hours: varied day shift hours
The Behavioral Health Services RN Educator reports directly to the Director of Educational Services. (S)he is responsible for providing formal and informal education programs for the staff of Behavioral Health Services (inpatient and outpatient) with planning assistance from the Management Team of the respective departments. The Behavioral Health Services RN Educator possesses a broad scope of knowledge and skills to facilitate improved patient outcomes and improved staff performance in the clinical setting. The Behavioral Health Services RN Educator possesses the skills and knowledge to competently provide the appropriate services to patients and staff.
· 2 years (with the last 5 years) of psychiatric nursing care experience
· Experience with formal and informal teaching of adult learners required
· BSN, or currently enrolled in formal BSN program, or enrolled in courses that can be applied to completion of formal BSN program required
· MSN preferred
· CA RN license required
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
· Pro-Act or other management of aggressive behavior course completion required within six (6) months
· Specialty certification related to Psychiatric Nursing completed within 18 months of hire
· Current membership in nursing professional organization related to psychiatric nursing preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2502