RN Educator - Behavioral Health Services - Educational Services
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
72 Hours Per Pay Period
2 years experience required
RN Educator, Behavioral Health Services
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 8 years in a row!
· Starting Pay range DOE: $54.27/hour - $65.85/hour
The Behavioral Health Services (BHS) RN Educator reports directly to the Director of Educational Services. (S)he is responsible for providing formal and informal education programs for the staff of Behavioral Health Services (inpatient and outpatient) with planning assistance from the Management Team of the respective departments. The BHS RN Educator possesses a broad scope of knowledge and skills to facilitate improved patient outcomes and improved staff performance in the clinical setting. The BHS RN Educator possesses the skills and knowledge to competently provide the appropriate services to patients and staff and is also responsible for routine bedside clinical shifts.
· 2 years (with the last 5 years) of psychiatric nursing care experience
· Experience with formal and informal teaching of adult learners required
· BSN, or currently enrolled in formal BSN program, or enrolled in courses that can be applied to completion of formal BSN program required
· MSN preferred
· CA RN license required
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
· Pro-Act or other management of aggressive behavior course completion required within six (6) months
· Specialty certification related to Psychiatric Nursing completed within 18 months of hire
· Current membership in nursing professional organization related to psychiatric nursing preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer