RN Care Manager - Outpatient Care Mgmt/Coordination
Community Health Innovations
Outpatient Care Mgmt/Coordination
M - F 8AM - 5PM
Associate Degree Required
RN, Care Manager
· Excellent pay and generous benefits, including continuing education allowance
· Excellent team-oriented culture
· Excellent work environment!
The RN Care Manager (CM) serves in an expanded nursing role, collaborates with patients with complex comorbid conditions, their support systems, their primary care providers, as well as all providers of care and services involved in delivering a patient's care. The CM performs duties to support the goals and objectives of CHI's model of care management to ensure delivery of quality healthcare that focuses on providing excellent patient care and achieving a high level of patient satisfaction.
The Care Manager oversees care management and care coordination of health care services at the CHI office or patient-centered medical home. The Care Manager may be deployed to other care setting based on organization needs at the discretion of the employer. The primary responsibility of the Care Manager is to identify patients who will benefit from care management. Care Managers use standardized tools and assessments to track, monitor and coordinate care plans for each of the assigned patients, and ultimately discharge them from care management. Many patients will have multiple conditions and co-morbidities and/or psychosocial needs. The Care Manager will develop an effective supportive relationship with the patient/family to facilitate achievement of the health goals. They will interact and collaborate with interdisciplinary care teams, which include physicians, discharge planners, inpatient care managers, referral coordinators, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, dietitians, educators, nurses, health plan, and other healthcare team members. The Care Manager serves as an advocate for patients and their families, providing links to relevant community resources and services for continued growth toward their maximum level of independence. The CM helps patients gain insights and knowledge of their chronic condition to maximize self-management of their condition in the least restrictive level of care.
- 1 year recent clinical nursing experience; must include work with patients 65+ years and experience caring for patients with behavioral health diagnoses
- Experience in a Medicare and Medi-Cal environment (Home health, Skilled Nursing, Physician Office, Clinic, Hospital, etc.)
- Experience with electronic medical record documentation required
- Knowledge of Monterey County community resources preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience as a care manager in an Advanced Medical Home preferred
- As needed to obtain licensure
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current CA RN licensed in the state of California.
- Valid driver's license with proof of insurance in conformity with state law minimums as these positions may require traveling
- Must Obtain Case Management Certification (CCM) within three years of hire.
Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health enterprise established to transform healthcare in Monterey County.
CHI is owned by two large healthcare systems -- Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System -- partnering to improve the health and well-being of our communities. This collaboration creates a unique opportunity to positively disrupt the traditional provision of medical care by focusing on wellness and empowering individuals to better manage their health.
We are passionate about improving healthcare value, unburdening clinicians, and inspiring individuals to live their best life.
If you want to make a difference, use your talent to help people live healthier, work with a fun and dynamic team, and change your life -- CHI might be the place.
Equal Opportunity Employer