Outpatient Clinical Dietitian - Outpatient Clinical Nutrition
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Outpatient Clinical Nutrition
Clinical Dietitian - Outpatient
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
As a Clinical Dietitian, you will be responsible for providing medical nutrition therapy (nutrition assessment, nutrition support, patient intervention and education) to meet the nutrition care needs of outpatients within Monterey County. The Outpatient RD must be able to articulate the science of nutrition into layman's terms in one-to-one counseling sessions, group classes, public speaking engagements, utilizing print, audio and video media. The Outpatient RD must be able to interact empathetically and compassionately with a variety of patients and community outreach program participants. The Outpatient RD is an active member of the health care team, and also participates in multi-disciplinary rounds, as needed (e.g. diabetes rounds). The RD is expected to project a positive and healing attitude to the patients of Community Hospital with medical needs arranging from chronic and acute to critical care. The Outpatient RD must be highly accurate in meeting all documentation and billing requirements. The Outpatient RD is an active member of the health care team, and participates in multi-disciplinary rounds, as needed (e.g., diabetes rounds).
· Fluency; the ability to communicate orally, and the ability to read and write in English.
· Highly accurate in all documentation standards and intermediate computer skills are required.
· The ability to project a positive, warm, friendly and healing attitude to our patients and to the community is required.
· Excellent customer service is required.
· Advanced knowledge of diet therapy is required.
· An advanced college degree in nutrition, education or related field (Master's or Doctoral degree) is required; current enrollment in a master's degree program plus specialized diabetes or nutrition experience may be considered in lieu of a completed master's degree.
· Registered or Registration-eligible with the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Registration-eligible applicants must successfully complete the RD exam within six (6) months of employment.
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification is required
· For clinicians seeing patients with diabetes, CDE certification must be completed within 24 months
· Health and Wellness Coaching certifications must be completed in order to coach Life Connections patients.
Equal Opportunity Employer