Nurse Navigator- Per Diem - Breast Care Center
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Breast Care Center
Nurse Navigator- Breast Care Center
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the department director and breast center coordinator, the
The Nurse Navigator is responsible for the coordination of patient follow-up and clinical management at the Breast Care Center. The Nurse Navigator works in concert with the Breast Care Center physician team to evaluate the physical, emotional, and educational needs of the patient, and implements strategies to address these needs as appropriate. The Nurse Navigator is a liaison to patients/families, referring and specialty physicians, and their office staff. In addition, the Nurse Navigator is a resource to the technical and support staff of the Breast Care Center. The Nurse Navigator coordinates patient call backs, clinical opinion service, treatment planning conference, and provides community outreach. The Nurse Navigator maintains the knowledge and skills to competently provide appropriate nursing care and patient education. The Nurse Navigator is directly responsible to the Program Director and the Medical Director.
· A background in breast care or oncology experience within the past three years preferred. Experience in formal and informal teaching of adult learners preferred. Experience in program planning, case management, and patient education preferred. Proficient computer skills.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· State of California RN license required. American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (required). Nurse Navigator certification within one year of employment is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer