Director- Nutrition Services - Nutrition Services
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Full Time (Exempt)
5 years experience required
Director of Nutrition Services
* Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
* Excellent Team Orientated Culture
* Free Gym for Employees onsite
* Employee Commissary
* "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of a vice president, the department director carries out the strategy and vision for the Nutrition Services department (including Terrace Café, Fountain Court, Westland House food services, and inpatient/outpatient nutrition, and outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Therapy services) that supports Community Hospital's strategic plan, quality commitment, and values while complying with hospital polices/procedures and applicable laws and standards.
The Nutrition Services director is responsible and accountable for overall management of the assigned departments and service to include assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of care/services delivered; ensuring quality programs, patient safety, and a level of customer service that strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
The director develops and mentors a high-performing team for all areas of responsibility through practice of excellent employee relations, attention to employee needs (including fostering effective working relationships training, developing/coaching and evaluating), performance improvement initiatives, a collaborative environment, and initiating personnel actions, when necessary, in accordance with Human Resource policies and organization philosophy.
The director ensures financial viability by managing both applicable revenue and expenses with attention to cost management, productivity in assigned cost centers, and tactical execution of Lean concepts.
The director establishes and maintains effective working relationships with medical staff, organizational leaders, and other departments and fosters a collaborative environment with department leadership and staff in order to achieve department goals.
Experience/ Skill Set:
· Five years of progressive nutrition services management experience at the level of director or assistant director in a hospital, health system, or comparable health setting is strongly preferred
· Master's degree in Nutrition, Dietetic, Business or related field is preferred
· Registered Dietitian (RD) preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer