Data Analyst I - HIE
Community Health Innovations
Full Time (Exempt)
Data Analyst I
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits
· Team Culture
· Supported by Montage Health, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System and Community Leadership
· Opportunity to make a difference in the health of your community!
The Data Analyst I supports the population health data of Community Health Innovations (CHI) from beginning to end. Flat files and Excel sheets come to our data team and we use SQL (MSSQL), data pipelines, Powershell and BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI) to process that data and deliver reports supporting the integrated Population Health goals of CHI. The Data Specialist builds out new and maintains existing data flows and reports from a variety of systems. This position works closely with the technical team and clinical staff in developing new reports. The Analyst must be able to translate technical details and reports to non-technical audiences.
· Perform regular data collection by working with cloud platforms, FTP and third parties
and run downstream reports on schedule
· Become a subject matter expert on CHI's data sources, available fields in them, and
relationships between different data sets
· Perform extracts of raw data from source systems and operate pipelines (Powershell,
SQL) to process and load that data into CHI's systems
· Collaborate with clinical and operational teams in the design and development of
executive management level reports
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience in business administration,
medical practice management, informatics, computer science or a similar discipline.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
· SQL experience (querying, schema design and stored procedures
· Programming experience (for scripting used for automating tasks and data processing)
· Professional demeanor with effective, tactful, and persuasive written, verbal, and
nonverbal communication skills.
· Previous client and/or patient customer service experience is preferred.
· Ability to balance multi-stakeholder goals and objectives.
· Experience with Epic (Healthy Planet) or other population health focused systems
· Relevant experience working with healthcare data (membership, claims, provider,
CHI is committed to deliver exceptional population health services to Monterey County. Our success Community Health Innovations (CHI) is a population health enterprise established to transform healthcare in Monterey County.
CHI is owned by two large healthcare systems -- Montage Health and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System -- partnering to improve the health and well-being of our communities. This collaboration creates a unique opportunity to positively disrupt the traditional provision of medical care by focusing on wellness and empowering individuals to better manage their health.
We are passionate about improving healthcare value, unburdening clinicians, and inspiring individuals to live their best life.
If you want to make a difference, use your talent to help people live healthier, work with a fun and dynamic team, and change your life -- CHI might be the place.
Equal Opportunity Employer