Clinical Social Worker - Inpatient Psychiatric Unit - Garden Pavilion
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Master Degree Required
Clinical Social Worker
acute psychiatric inpatient unit
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Continuing Education and PTO for Per Diems
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the department director of Garden Pavilion and the assistant director of Outpatient Behavioral Health and Garden Pavilion Social Work, the social worker is responsible and accountable for providing professional social work to patient's and their families presenting difficult and complex medical, psychiatric and related psycho-social problems. In addition to providing direct inpatient and outpatient services, the social worker has responsibility for social work activities throughout the hospital. Social work services includes assisting patients and their families in understanding and coping with the emotional and social problems affecting their health status. Important dimensions of this position consist of quality of care, professional commitment, teamwork, interpersonal skills, safety, good public/customer relations and broad professional knowledge.
*Position requires weekends and follows an every other weekend pattern
· Experience in the acute care hospital or inpatient psychiatric unit and knowledge of community resources preferred.
· Master degree in social work required.
· Minimum requirement is for CSW but LCSWs may also apply.