Chemical Dependency Counselor - Recovery Center
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
24 hours/week- 5 hours each day
Chemical Dependency Counselor
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the department director, assistant director, and the Recovery Center Program Coordinator, the Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible and accountable for providing substance abuse treatment, psycho educational groups, education, clinical assessments, treatment planning, and counseling as part of the Chemical Dependency treatment program. The Chemical Dependency Counselor works as part of the interdisciplinary treatment team treating substance abuse disorders through group therapy, education, lectures, interactional presentations, and individual case management. In addition, the Chemical Dependency Counselor provides education to patients, the community, and to other professionals on substance abuse.
* Two years as a counselor in an accredited Chemical Dependency Treatment program is preferred.
* Education leading to certification with bachelor's degree in a behavioral health field preferred.
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS is required.
MOAB certification must be obtained within the first 6 months of hire is required.
CADC-I minimum certification level, with CADC-II or advanced preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer