Business Intelligence Analyst I - EHR Transformation Team
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
EHR Transformation Team
Full Time (Exempt)
Business Intelligence Analyst I
· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Business intelligence developers analyze, provide specifications for, and write reports.
· Reviewing Foundation System reports and identifying advanced analytics needs with report consumers
· Meeting with Application Reporting Leads and requestors to understand their data needs
· Creating design specifications for new reports
· Identifying and reviewing the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs
· Creating reports, using a third-party report writing tool such as Crystal reports, to display Clarity data
· Modifying existing reports, as necessary
· Distributing Clarity reports to report consumers using Epic-Crystal integration
· Reviewing peer reports for validity
· Testing report build in a specified testing environment and volume testing in live environments
· Reviewing upgrade documentation related to Clarity features and released Crystal reporting content, and determining how to implement the changes
· Business intelligence developers might also be responsible for building:
o Third-party tools (Xcelsius/WebI/QlikView/Explorer
o Reports to query Cogito Caboodle
· Three years analysis work preferred
· Two or more years of advanced query/report writing including performance tuning
· One or more years experience in SQL Server reporting and integration services
· Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
· Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies
· Detail oriented
· Desire and ability to learn quickly
· Ability to work productively in teams and independently
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Customer-service oriented
· Strong organizational skills
· 2 years in Health Information Services
· Critical thinking and an analytical mind
· Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure, through training that occurs early in the implementation
· Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the data model through data model classes geared toward specific Epic applications
· Ability to determine data structures that benefit the entire reporting environment
· For financial reporting: Prior experience working with an AR system is desirable, but not required.
· For clinical reporting: Prior experience working with an EMR system is desirable, but not required.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· Epic certification is required within 90 days of hire and must be maintained.
Equal Opportunity Employer