Assistant Director, Enterprise Applications - EHR Transformation Team
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
EHR Transformation Team
Full Time (Exempt)
Assistant Director, Enterprise Applications
· Excellent pay and generous benefits, including a pension and scholarship reimbursement
· Excellent team-oriented culture
· Free onsite gym for employees
· Employee dining
· "Best Place to Work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
The Assistant Director collaborates with the CIO in planning, goal setting, developing department budgets, and coordinating supplies/equipment, staffing, and care/service to carry out the department's responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner in conjunction with and support of Montage Health's strategic plan.
The Assistant Director is responsible and accountable for assigned tasks such as supervising the department's daily operations and oversight of area managers and supervisors, including but not limited to, being a resource and role model to staff for problem resolution with issues with computer operations, technical support, system analysts, database management, project management, microcomputer technology, service delivery, safety, supplies, equipment, and customer concerns.
The Assistant Director ensures staff has the appropriate orientation/training and competence for the service provided and that all staff adheres to Exceeding Expectations standards for professional conduct. This is achieved through supportive training, coaching, developing, evaluating staff performance, policy/procedure enforcement, and corrective action, if necessary.
The Assistant Director plays a major role in supporting quality initiatives through ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, collection and analysis of quality and performance improvement data, assisting with development of future performance improvement targets and quality initiatives, and development or revision of department policies and procedures, as needed.
The Assistant Director supports financial viability with attention on expenses, revenue, utilization and productivity in assigned cost centers, application optimization and tactical execution of Lean concepts.
· Extensive knowledge of systems engineering, computer hardware, computing systems, and data communications/networks and microcomputers plus software and program management.
· Familiarity with medical/hospital activities and medical information systems.
· At least two years of previous managerial and project management experience.
· Familiarity with the Epic EHR.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Masters degree or equivalent education/experience in business administration, computer science or similar discipline strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer