Application Analyst II, Healthy Planet - EHR Transformation Team
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
EHR Transformation Team
Full Time (Exempt)
Application Analyst II
· Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
· Pay Range DOE: 101K - 122K Annually
The Application Analyst II will be responsible for supporting basic application functions, performing system configuration tasks, resolving problems, and meeting all customer expectations for clinical and/or business applications maintained by the Health Information Technology (HIT) department as well as upgrading and patching clinical and/or business applications.
The Application Analyst serves as the liaison between the end users, technology teams, and support teams. (S)He utilizes application expert knowledge and tools to optimize application(s), develops strategies for change management and system performance improvement. The Analyst collaborates with users and vendors in resolving system problems, participates in planning, building, evaluating, testing, implementing, and documenting new processes, modules, screens, and interfaces for business systems, and guides application users in identifying functional requirements and implementing effective information support systems. The Analyst guides system users in evaluating their processes in order to define, simplify, and automate the activities comprising each process. (S)He recommends automated solutions and leads small projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Five years experience supporting technology systems preferred
· Two years experience with Epic Ambulatory Applications and/or Healthy Planet preferred
· SQL querying knowledge
· Experience with report writing tools (e.g. Crystal Reports, SSRS) preferred
· Experience troubleshooting software
· Working knowledge of networks and PC operating systems
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
· Self-motivated and flexible to accommodate changes in business strategies.
· Detail oriented
· Desire and ability to learn quickly
· Ability to work productively in teams and independently
· Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Customer-service oriented
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience with project implementations preferred
· Experience with application configuration tools to support the clinical or business systems is highly desirable
· Project management experience preferred
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Health Information Systems, or Business Management: equivalent experience may be substituted
· Epic Healthy Planet certification is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer